Katina is the Scholarly Communication Institute's Senior Research Specialist. She works to support and share outcomes from conversations SCI is convening on emerging models for authoring and publication and on graduate education reform. She is also planning and conducting a survey of of humanities-trained respondents who self-identify as working in alternative academic careers, and will play a role in the planned expansion of the Praxis Program to a multi-institutional and international effort.
Posts by Katina
- MLA14 Roundtable on the Praxis Network: Rethinking Humanities Education, Together and In Public
- Humanities Unbound: Careers & Scholarship Beyond the Tenure Track
- Are you our new Head of Graduate Programs?
- Announcing the Praxis Network
- The place of beauty in scholarly writing
- Works in progress: Survey results, Praxis Network
- Rebooting Graduate Training: An MLA Roundtable
- Now at ProfHacker: “Turning Up the Volume on Graduate Education Reform”
- Outside the Pipeline: From Anecdote to Data
- Reading Socially
- Moonlighting with the Praxis Crew
- Data visualizations: Learning d3.js
- Announcing a new SCI study on alternative academic career paths
- Calling All #Alt-Academics!
- An intro to my work with the Scholarly Communication Institute (SCI)