Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. More.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. More.
- Digital Humanities
- Experimental Humanities
- Geospatial and Temporal
- Grad Student Research
- Research and Development
- Visualization and Data Mining
- (Digest #4) On managing projects, not people
- On Community Listening: 4
- On Stemmatics
- DH Speaker Series: Ted Underwood
- On Community Listening: 3
- (Digest #3) Project mutability: shifting identities and changing roles
- Software Development for the MA Humanities Student
- Apply for Praxis 2014-2015!
- Call for Graduate Fellowship in the Digital Humanities
- Praxis Weekly Digest #2