Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. More.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. More.
- Digital Humanities
- Experimental Humanities
- Geospatial and Temporal
- Grad Student Research
- Research and Development
- Visualization and Data Mining
- Fall 2014 Scholars’ Lab GIS Workshop Series
- Announcing the Fall 2014 Scholars’ Lab GIS Workshop Series
- Taking the Alt-Ac Route
- Prism News – Heroku and LLC
- Omeka, Neatline, Mac, development, oh my!
- Neatline 2.3
- Announcing the #Codespeak Kit!
- A (Digital) Declaration of Independence
- Learning Ruby: Opening Moves
- Check Out Copyipsum